Coconut Pancakes with fresh whipped cream, candied pecans and toasted coconut!
Pancakes (no exact measuring here….sorry folks, I just know the consistency I like)
- 1 egg (from a co-workers farm!)
- Bisquick (It’s just so good. About 2 cups)
- Whole Milk (yes friends, the fatty milk. About 1 cup)
- Shredded, Sweetened Coconut (A cup or so)
Mix wet ingredients, then add bisquick & coconut. I go for a melting milk shake consistency (couldn’t think of a better comparison…) But do what you like. Less milk for thicker, more for thinner. Make sure your griddle is extra extra hot! I spray with Pam and wait until they’re golden brown and flip. When do you flip? When the bubbles have popped!
Whipped Cream (again…no exact measuring)
- Heavy whipping cream (Make sure it says heavy. 1 cup or so)
- Powdered Sugar (1/4 cup or so depending on desired sweetness)
Blend heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer on medium-high for a minute or so. Gradually add sugar as you mix. Beat until you reach desired consistency (I like mine thick like butta!) For extra flavor and sweetness add about capful of Vanilla Extract. I didn’t want this batch super sweet so I left it out.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and add pecans. Let glaze until it thickens and pecans are coated with a thick glaze – around 3 minutes or so. Spread out on a baking tray and pop in the oven until they’re as crispy as you like. I left mine in for 10 minutes or so, then shut off the oven and left them in the residual heat.
So easy! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss some shredded sweetened coconut on a baking dish in a thin layer and put in oven. I stirred mine every 5 minutes or so, and it took around 15 minutes to get golden brown.
- Butter (of course)
- Heaping spoonful of whipped cream
- Sprinkle of toasted coconut and pecans
- Drizzle with syrup (I use Trader Joe’s Organic Maple Agave Syrup)
Mimosas (Because it’s not brunch without them)
- 1/2 cup Viansa Champagne
- 1/2 cup Organge juice